In 1998, the Theta Tau Executive Council determined that the establishment of the Theta Tau Educational Foundation would enable members of the Fraternity to work together in support of those who have the skills and discipline to create technical marvels; those who are best able to solve complex problems of critical importance to our planet; those leaders, coordinators, organizers who effectively work with others; those who have a solid ethical foundation that serves them well in making the important decisions required of those with responsibility.
The Theta Tau Educational Foundation can achieve all this and more. The Foundation will promote education and training for leadership, teamwork, professionalism, responsibility, decision-making skills, and development of others.
With the assistance of the Foundation, Theta Tau chapters are being recognized on their campuses for helping recruit high school students for the engineering school; welcoming and orienting new students to their campus; leading engineering or university student government and other organizations; tutoring underclassmen in core subjects; helping instructors with research projects; working with administrators, faculty, and other student groups to further the educational mission of the engineering school; setting high standards of scholarship and academic achievement for others to follow.
- Nearly 200 alumni joined together with Founding contributions of $250 or more in the 1st year
- Alumni contributed over $1,000,000 since the Foundation was established in 1998
- Members have made over 12,000 individual gifts to the Educational Foundation
- The Educational Foundation distributes "Visions," a Planned Giving Newsletter for members
- Over 30 members have joined the 2nd Century Society for those who remember us in their estate plans
- Over 3,000 have graduated from the Foundation's Leadership Academy curricula
- Over $75,000 in scholarships have been awarded to date to students of high achievement
Online donations are quick and easy using our secure credit card transactions. We welcome donations of all sizes and payment plans – whether it's a one-time gift, a monthly contribution or part of a matching gifts program. Most gifts are credited to the annual fund campaign. However, as a result of the foresight and generosity of members, family, and friends of Theta Tau, the Foundation has endowed a number of named, permanent funds in their honor. These include funds honoring George P. Kalv, Gamma Beta 1947, Simon Ramo, Lambda '33, Robert L. Miller, Omicron 1941, and William S. Johnson, Rho 1942, Jeremy G. Chan, Tau Gamma '08, and JB Ladd, Zeta '49. On the form following the donation page (before entering card information), there is an opportunity to designate your gift in honor of these members and funds.