2021 National Convention
Click the button below to register and to book a room in the hotel. Please note that, in order to receive your chapter’s convention savings fund reimbursement, you must stay at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay!
What is Convention?
COVID-19 And Convention
Theta Tau takes COVID-19 seriously. As such, we are closely monitoring developments with case-counts and vaccine distribution. As we get closer to the event in July, if it does not look safe to host an event, we will cancel and all registrations will be refunded in full.
Assuming we are able to go forward, masks and social distancing will be mandated – assuming they are still recommended by the CDC and relevant local/state authorities. We are also examining our programming and schedule to ensure that we host a safe event.
Travel and Reimbursement Policy
Reimbursement will only be issued after the following have been completed:
- The Convention Reimbursement Form must be submitted in the CMT and verified by the chapter’s Regent and Treasurer (this is all done electronically to eliminate wait times.) The form must include receipts.
- The Grand Scribe of their designee will submit to the Central Office a record of attendance at Convention. Chapters who were not in attendance for the requisite meetings will not be reimbursed.
Reimbursement will be made as a credit on a chapter’s account prior to the beginning of the academic year. If a chapter prefers the reimbursement to be made by check, that option must be selected on the form. Please note that a physical check will deduct $1 from your reimbursement.
Exclusions from Reimbursement:
- Fraternity funds cannot be used to purchase alcohol; purchases of alcohol (such as with a meal) will be deducted from your reimbursement.
- Late fees are excluded from reimbursement. We will reimburse only up to the regular registration amount ($275) for Convention registration. If you register late, you are responsible for the extra cost.
- Excessive/ostentatious sums for travel (such as upgraded airfare, hotel suites, unreasonable costs for meals) will not be reimbursed. It shall be at the discretion of the Central Office, with the oversight of the Grand Treasurer, to make such determinations.
Reductions from full Reimbursement:
A chapter must have a Delegate or Alternate in regular attendance at the National Convention to receive full reimbursement. Deductions will be made linked to the percentage of time that is missed; 20% absence will result in a 10% penalty, 30% absence will result in a 20% penalty, etc, up to 50%. Above 50%, the percentage missed will get the same percentage penalty. Chapters who attend less than 25% of Convention will not be reimbursed.
Chapters that violate the Convention Risk Management Policy may be penalized up to 100% of their reimbursement at the discretion of the Grand Regent.
Registration Pricing for Convention 2021
The Convention Ticket includes the opening dinner on Thursday, lunch on Friday and lunch and the Awards Banquet on Saturday. Please note that, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, some meals may be boxed/bagged meals that will be carried away and eaten on one’s own. All processing fees are included in the prices listed below. Please note that t-shirt, ID Bar and Conference Bar are extra.
|Late Registration (May 2 – June 20)||$290|
|Very Late Registration
(June 21 – July 2)
|Convention ID Pin
(with your name)
|Conference Bar (with this year’s convention details)||$15|
Countdown to Convention 2021