The Theta Tau Educational Foundation is pleased to announce that the Foundation’s 2015 Leadership Academy will be held July 16-19 at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta.
Tentative Agenda Updated here.
Agenda posted above contains schedule, location, & transportation information.
The Foundation appreciates the generous support of our Academy Sponsors!
Please visit them below.
The Leadership Academy is a highly interactive program, built on the Leadership Challenge model by Kouzes and Posner, which provides participants a core understanding of leadership practices, their personal strengths and weaknesses, and a fun environment to practice new skills so they can more effectively transform their chapters and workplaces.
Topics of interest will include:
- Visionary Leadership: strategies to focus your attention to achieve results and inspire others
- Challenging the Process: know the components of effective change and methods for confronting challenging situations and people
- Effective Teams: learn characteristics of effective teams and how to develop them
- Leadership Toolkit Sessions: a "best of” session targeting meeting tools, decision-making, group problem solving, and overcoming common obstacles to team development
- Lessons and Reflections: hear stories on leadership learning from leaders
Why should you attend?
- Growth – learn and practice the skills needed to make a difference in your organization and lead groups, projects, and team. Gain the confidence to suggest or implement change and growth
- Networking – work and connect with members from 60+ other engineering schools while acquiring skills relevant to the engineering workforce that your peers may not possess
- Value – for the $185 inclusive fee, you get the most beneficial, powerful experience offered by the Educational Foundation and a unique opportunity to develop as a leader
- Alumni are welcome to attend the activities, including a custom leadership practices inventory and discussion of key opportunities.
Early registration is open now at $185/person which includes:
*3 nights lodging
REGISTER ONLINE at the Foundation's Square Market
REGISTER OFFLINE by using the form here
We encourage you to ask your employer or college to support your participation in this valuable and exciting educational opportunity sponsored by the Theta Tau Educational Foundation a 501(c)3 charitable organization which underwrites approximately 50% of the per person cost for the event). Early registration deadline is May 15th for lowest registration costs, so register today.