Each chapter will have set aside on its behalf $1,000 from National Dues to be used as a Convention Savings Fund. This set aside will be prorated for new chapters installed during the biennium reflecting the number of terms that they paid dues at the chapter member rate instead of the Candidate Chapter member rate. The most efficient use of these funds is up to each chapter, but they must be used for Convention-related expenses (Convention Registration, lodging at designated host hotel during Convention dates, travel/transportation, meals, etc.) for Delegate, Alternate, and other student members attending Convention). Remote attendees may only request reimbursement for the cost of their registration. Disbursements will only be made to the chapter, not to any individual.
Reimbursement will only be issued after the following have been completed:
- The Convention Reimbursement Form must be submitted in the CMT and verified by the chapter’s Regent and Treasurer (this is all done electronically to eliminate wait times.) The form must include receipts.
- The Grand Scribe of their designee will submit to the Central Office a record of attendance at Convention. Chapters who were not in attendance for the requisite meetings will not be reimbursed.
Reimbursement will be made as a credit on a chapter’s account prior to the beginning of the academic year. If a chapter prefers the reimbursement to be made by check, that option must be selected on the form. Please note that a physical check will deduct $1 from your reimbursement.
Exclusions from Reimbursement:
- Fraternity funds cannot be used to purchase alcohol; purchases of alcohol (such as with a meal) will be deducted from your reimbursement.
- Late fees are excluded from reimbursement. We will reimburse only up to the regular registration amount ($275) for Convention registration. If you register late, you are responsible for the extra cost.
- Excessive/ostentatious sums for travel (such as upgraded airfare, hotel suites, unreasonable costs for meals) will not be reimbursed. It shall be at the discretion of the Central Office, with the oversight of the Grand Treasurer, to make such determinations.
Reductions from full Reimbursement:
A chapter must have a Delegate or Alternate in regular attendance at the National Convention to receive full reimbursement. Deductions will be made linked to the percentage of time that is missed; 20% absence will result in a 10% penalty, 30% absence will result in a 20% penalty, etc, up to 50%. Above 50%, the percentage missed will get the same percentage penalty. Chapters who attend less than 25% of Convention will not be reimbursed.
Chapters that violate the Convention Risk Management Policy may be penalized up to 100% of their reimbursement at the discretion of the Grand Regent.